GREENING THE FESTIVAL – HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We want to make the Swanage Folk Festival as green and sustainable as possible. We are fortunate to be able to hold the festival in a beautiful part of the country. We need your help to keep it that way. Here are a few tips.
- Please bring your reusable plastic goblets to the festival. Many events are now using reusable plastic goblets but they only work if you take them out of your cupboard and bring them to every event. Of course more traditional tankards are always welcome.
- This year the festival bar will be using PET plastic glasses. These glasses are easily recycled, in fact the glasses are themselves made with recycled plastic. There will be a separate bin in the bar area for you deposit your plastic glasses. Please use this as it will help us make sure that the used plastic glasses can be recycled properly.
- We will also have a number of recycling boxes on Sandpit Field. These boxes will have a sign on them to help you put the right waste in the right box. We will have separate boxes for glass waste and other waste that we can recycle. Please use these boxes whenever possible.
- The festival waste partners are the Dorset Waste Partnership. They are supplying us with separate waste skips so the better you use the recycling bins the more waste we can recycle.
- Another way you can help us to reduce the festival waste footprint is not to use single use water bottles. There are number of shops and cafes in Swanage that are taking part in the free water refill scheme.